This blog is going to track the process of modifying my 2002 Subaru WRX in an effort to increase performance while maintaining reliability. This is going to be a learning experience for me and I hope this blog will become a good reference for those looking to do something similar.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Cylinder #3 on the EJ20

Turbo Magazine has an article on how most problems resulting from power enhancements of the EJ20 result in the failure of cylinder 3. Whether it be a piston blown through the block or a broken connecting rod they suggest there is a strong correlation between the design of the turbo system and the inherent fragility of cylinder 3. This makes me very glad that I made the decision to upgrade to forged internals before upgrading the turbo. :) I'm thinking my WRX will eventually become a 'weekends only' car so that I can concentrate on pure performance without worrying much about streetabilitiy.

EJ20 Engine Build - Turbo Magazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home