This blog is going to track the process of modifying my 2002 Subaru WRX in an effort to increase performance while maintaining reliability. This is going to be a learning experience for me and I hope this blog will become a good reference for those looking to do something similar.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

some tools

In preparation for whatever modifications I am going to attempt myself I decided it is a good idea to stock up on some generic mechanics tools. I'm going to shop around tomorrow and will update on what I find with prices and such.

  • Floor Jack - while a lot can be performed using the Subaru bottle jack it's so much easier to get the car up using a solid 2 ton jack with wheels.
  • Jack Stands - while allowing the entire car to be lifted over 10" they also provided some added safety while lying underneath your 3000lb car.
  • Metric Socket set - My socket set got left behind at a buddy's when I moved out to Boston so I'm going to find a solid mechanic's socket set including spark plug sockets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosa Benito said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home